This wooden play food set is ideal for young chefs looking to explore a little mealtime fun—without the mess! It includes eight pieces of wooden food that can be sliced into 27 sections, a cutting board, and a wooden knife. Cutting the food makes a satisfying “crunch”—and provides a playful introduction to concepts of “whole,” “part,” and fractions.
Melissa and Doug’s cutting food set delivers delicious entertainment for aspiring young chefs. The slicing and cutting pretend play features help children learn early mathematical concepts, sorting, grouping, and colour recognition.
- Features pieces that stick together and come apart with a satisfying “crunch” sound as kids slice them apart
- Features self-stick tabs that hold pieces together
- It’s great for pretend play and introducing the concepts of “part” and “whole.”
- Made of beautifully painted pieces that feature realistic details
- Sturdy wooden construction allows the set to hold up against frequent use
- Makes an exceptional gift for kids ages 3 to 5 years